What is a cocktail?
A cocktail is a drink consisting of two or more ingredients mixed together. A classic example of a cocktail would be a martini, which consists of gin (a spirit), vermouth (an aromatic wine) and ice.
2. Why do we call them cocktails?
The word “cocktail” comes from the French word coquetier, meaning “to flirt.” In the early 1900s, bartenders began mixing drinks using different spirits and liqueurs. These were called “cocktails” because they were meant to be enjoyed at parties.
3. How many types of cocktails exist?
There are hundreds of different kinds of cocktails! Here are some examples:
• Margarita – Tequila, Cointreau, Triple Sec, Lime Juice, Salt
• Daiquiri – Rum, Sugar, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice
• Mai Tai – Rum, Coconut Milk, Pineapple Juice, Mango Syrup
• Manhattan – Gin, Sweet Vermouth, Dry Vermouth, Bitters
• Old Fashioned – Bourbon, Sugar, Water
• Sidecar – Cognac, Lemon Juice, Soda
• White Russian – Vodka, Coffee Liqueur, Cream
• Black Russian – Vodka, Kahlua, Coffee Liqueur
Cocktails for the Modern Man
Posted by YI GUI on
- Tags: cocktail